Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Lovely Photograph

Lucky Nickel wanted everyone to know that the winner of The Nature Conservancy's 5th Annual Digital Photography Contest is (of course) a goat picture.  And a very beautiful one it is, too.  There are actually a lot of lovely photographs which placed or received honourable mention in the contest, so I encourage you to check out some of the stunning images captured by some very good photographers.

You can also see the winning goat photograph on Flickr at this link.

I didn't put the picture here because it's copyrighted.

In any event, Lucky Nickel would have been rather jealous if I had posted it here.  In fact, I'm sure she'd prefer it if I post this reminder picture of what a sweet little baby she was.  She's always a winner in my books!

11 comments:

IsobelleGoLightly said...

That is a very nice photograph of Lucky Nickel! I'm mad at my lady because she didn't enter any photographs of ME in the contest. Humph.

Claire the Shepherdess said...

Well Isobelle, it was a contest for "wildlife" photos, and Lucky Nickel and you probably don't qualify as "wildlife" because you are, admittedly, domesticated. That's not to say that you don't live a wild life, of course! But don't be mad at your lady...

Mare said...

Lucky Nickel is and was a Beauty!

Flartus said...

You're right, she was a sweet little baby. However did she become so...diva-ish, I wonder?

Mom L said...

Lucky Nickel will always be your readers' favorite! Oops, I mean "her" readers' favorite!!!

Nancy in Iowa

Lola Nova said...

Thanks for the link, what a great photo!
Of course, nothing compares to sweet little Lucky Nickel.

Pricilla said...

Lucky Nickel is indeed very cute. But that is a very cool winning photo

Millie said...

She is so very cute!

Mimi Foxmorton said...

I think Isobelle could be wild if she had a mind too. :)

But that pic of LN is seriously to die for. What a wee, perfect thing she is..............

:)

My Life Under the Bus said...

Such a sweet baby picture! I can't believe how big nickel has grown! I just realized today my oldest son ( 12 going on 13) is taller then me !!! When did that happen?

AKDD said...

Cutest. Baby. EVER.