I have been very kindly awarded a couple of blog awards and have been remiss in blogging about them and thanking those who bestowed them upon me.
Jenny Holden of "Wandering Gecko" gave me the "Honest Scrap" award!
So, (sorry Jenny) I find this really funny....when I first visited Jenny's blog, in her profile, she had her job listed as something like "Water Vole Officer" and now she has it listed as "Beaver Trial Field Officer." I mean, how do you keep a straight face when someone asks you what you do, and you have to say "Oh, well, I'm a water vole officer." This, for some reason, makes me collapse into a fit of giggles. I envision her standing at a vole crossroads, saying "I'm sorry Mr. Vole, but you didn't stop and look both ways. I'm going to have to issue you a citation!" In all seriousness, I think it's wonderful that she is doing such a badly needed job in the role of ecology of small mammals. If I had that job, I should think I would get so excited at the sight of a water vole that I would track it all day and forget where I was. Thank you Jenny, for introducing me to your world, and your sheep, of course!
Back to the award....Honest Scrap Award rules:"When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it (done), including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim (done), and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real (done). Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on! "
Wow, Here are my 7 "victims" of the Honest Weblog award, who are "brilliant in content or design," in no particular order...
1. Lola Nova - because she is always brilliant in her crafty designs and I love her blog!
2. Earthenwitch - she always makes me laugh, and that's brilliant!
3. Blue Gate Farm - because they promote sustainable farming, and that in itself is brilliant!
4. Disapproving Rabbits - seriously, brilliant rabbit photos and very funny quotes!
5. Color & Texture - brilliant knitter & crocheter. Really. I am so jealous!
6. Apifera Farm - Katherine is a brilliant artist and wonderful writer.
7. Split Rock Ranch- because I bought a llama fleece from her today, but also because she's wonderfully crafty with her fleeces and is a brilliant fiber blending artist!
And here are my ten honest things about myself:
1. I sleep with a stuffed kangaroo named Lurvig. It bothers me if I wake up in the middle of the night and can't find him. Sometimes I have to turn the light on and find him.
2. I am a perfectionist about most things and I hate making mistakes.
3. I am a terrible housekeeper.
4. I have a secret (well, not anymore) fear of being hit by a meteorite.
5. I force myself to eat salad because I know it's good for me but I'm really not a big fan of it.
6. I have an emergency chocolate stash in my work filing cabinet.
7. When I was a child, I used to like the taste of Elmer's white glue.
8. I am terrified of flying and I tremble uncontrollably when seated in a plane.
9. I always wanted to be 6 foot tall but I am 2 inches short of that.
10. I am drawn to red sports cars, which are entirely impractical when I live on a dirt road.
Brenda at Split Rock Ranch (whom I awarded up above!) gave me the "Kreativ Blogger" award!
Brenda is far more creative than I am, and is a fiber artist extraordinaire. She has a wonderful herd of llamas and they have gorgeous fleeces. She has fleeces for sale on her Etsy shop - you should check them out! She also has a great fiber of the month club (I'm a member!) and some lovely yarns and rovings in her Etsy shop.
So, I'm supposed to list sever favorite things, and then award the Kreativ Blogger award to seven blogs. Here we go!
Seven Favorite Things
1. Visits from my parents! They are a tremendous help here on the farm and bring me such joy when they come to visit the farm!
2. My farm animals! I never knew how wonderful it would be to have sheep, goats, llamas, chickens, ducks, and donkeys in my life!
3. Haagen Dazs Toasted Sesame Brittle Ice Cream. More please!
4. My garden. It is my peaceful place.
5. Springtime - because everything is new again.
6. Collecting eggs from my hens, it's a surprise every day!
7. Fiber! And more fiber! (I don't mean the edible kind)
Seven "Kreativ" Blogs!
1. Frolic 'n Fibers - I'm very envious of her fiber drying table here: http://frolicnfibers.blogspot.com/2009/03/fiber-arts-fridays-drying-and-picking.html
2. eXtreme Spinner - she has lovely fiber in her Etsy shop (I know because I've bought a lot of it!) and she's very creative indeed!
3. Mare at Moon & Stars Studio - an amazingly creative and talented woman with a heart of gold.
4. Corinne at Crosswinds Farm, because she is creative enough to understand my fiber addiction, and she has such an eye for photography. Look at her latest batch of pictures from her local farmers market! Wow!
5. Artstanding Stranger - a new blog to me (see below) but a great artist! Check it out!
6. Loess is More - Diane is another amazing photographer, and that makes her "Kreativ" in my books! Plus, she always makes me laugh too. Thanks Di!
7. Felted Treasures - such a wonderful array of felted items - a great blog for inspiration! Very Kreativ indeed!
Also, I had a special mention on "Artstanding Stranger" which is a really super creative blog that you should visit! I had not found her blog before, but she found mine! I'm so glad she did, because now I can visit hers. Diane has an interesting mix of art and philosophy on her blog. Her recent post mentioned that she learned from my blog about llamas jumping through hoops, and about the birth of lambs! Isn't that what it's all about - learning from others that we might never otherwise encounter in our daily lives. That is the treat of blogging. Thanks for your visit Diane!