Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Some good news updates

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who has commented, written emails, written Facebook messages, and otherwise contacted me about my most recent post.  I was both humbled and heartened by the many voices who expressed care and concern, and who wanted to help in any way they could.  I was really surprised by a number of readers who had never commented before - readers I didn't know I had!  It really helps to have positive messages from so many people and places.  Thank you all, so much!

Second, I would like to assure you that I will definitely be continuing the blog!  There will always be adventures of one sort or another going on.  I enjoy writing it and hearing from you, and I will keep on writing and hoping to hear from you.  There are some tentative future plans brewing and there will be furry critters involved, so just stay tuned for more news over the coming months.

Third, I have a number of blog posts waiting to be written - an overdue thanks for a blog award, a recounting of the fun time I had at SOAR (Spin-Off Autumn Retreat) in Wisconsin, and other bits and pieces.  I shall do my best to get to those soon.

Fourth, and perhaps most importantly, I wanted to update you on the situation with my herd/flock/menagerie. I am thrilled and relieved to be able to report that I have already found wonderful homes for many of my beloved animals.  As I had mentioned, my Blue-faced Leicester sheep, and two Icelandics, went to live at a caring and loving farm by the name of Grace Haven Acres in Wisconsin.  Subsequently, the rest of my sheep and Dolly Llama have gone to a wonderful new home right here in Iowa at the Stamps Family Farm.  I am really glad to have met the Stamps family and I know they will provide a great home for all the sheep as well as Dolly.  In fact, Dolly is already eating grain from their hands!

My ducks and goose will be going to live with Maggie and her mom at Prairieland Herbs.  They will have a lovely home to share with some mini horses (who have on occasion been mistaken for goats) and will have a lovely assortment of fresh herbs to snack on in their new surroundings!  My remaining llamas will all be going to live with the Icelandic sheep at Hedgeapple Farm here in Iowa - another wonderful family farm where they will have a great home.

Now, I'm just focusing on finding homes for some goats and the mini donkeys, and also the chickens.  The relief of finding good homes is tremendous, and I feel that I can sleep well at night knowing that all my animal friends are in good hands.

Oh, and Lucky Nickel says hello, and stay tuned for news from the goat world soon too!

14 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so glad to hear positive news; of course, it always helps to have such a positive attitude, as you do! Keep on keeping on; I'll be watching for updates.

Split Rock Ranch said...

Claire: I'm sorry I haven't been visiting your blog lately and didn't catch it (your news) on Facebook either! While I'm sorry that you're having to find new homes for all your precious animals, I'm happy to hear that you've found great homes for a lot of them already. I have to admit that there have been times (mostly in the dead of winter when I am so tired of doing chores in the snow, ice, cold, blizzards) that I have thought about finding homes for all our animals and moving back closer to the city. That day may still come. I wish you light, love and happiness in the days to come. I have often wondered how in the world you manage to work full time, care for the farm and go to law school. Kudos to you for all you've done! Hugs my friend.

Alison said...

Yay, hooray! I'm so glad--and impressed--that you've found such perfect homes for so many already. They sound like the kind of people who will be happy to send you frequent updates.

You sound so much better than in your last post, like you actually can believe everything's gonna be all right! It shouldn't surprise me; you seem like a very determined and energetic woman.

Give Lucky Nickel a noogie from me!

Tiggeriffic said...

This is wonderful news~! I'm excited... Finding homes for your beloved pets I'm sure is such a great feeling..a big relief.. Please keep posting as I really have enjoyed your blog in the past.. It's so great to have someone comment on ones blog. I get so excited, when I see someone actually reads what I write.
Have a great day, it's going to be a nice day in Iowa tomorrow.. Ta Ta For Now from Iowa...where the tall corn grows..it was sunny and not very warm today. in the 40's.

Kelly Cook said...

I had to go back and read the original post, not sure how I missed it. That would be a hard situation to be in-I hope things work out for you and all the animals.

Heidi said...

I just caught up on your blog and I'm so sorry to hear all you've been through and are going through. It's good to know that the animals are going to good homes. If you are half as positive and strong as your posts make you sound, then you are going to do wonderful things.

Becky Utecht said...

Congratulations on locating good homes for many of your animals. I know how draining it can be worrying about placing animals. And I'm glad that you will be blogging well into the future.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Just catching up. {{{hug}}}

Zan Asha said...

Hi Claire! I am glad we met on Facebook, I feel I can also comment here! :) It's great to know the animals are going to great homes--Maggie writes for an online magazine of mine and so I'm glad to know she will be taking on the waterfowl :)

Many blessings to you and I am sure you will be able to find great homes for the rest of your animals friends!

Nancy K. said...

mini donkeys????

;-)

IsobelleGoLightly said...

Oh that's good news, Claire! I'm so glad that you can be more peaceful about your animal friends. Of course, Lucky Nickel can live with you inside your house (and Marshmallow too). Hmmm. Come to think of it Stormy should fit too. We here think of you all the time and hope that you are doing well. I would give you a great big KISS! mmmmmwwwwwahhhh!

Barb said...

So sorry to hear about your news and the heartbreaking choice to relocate your flock. My heart goes out to you.

I wish I could have met up with at SOAR. I read your post on the Ravelry site. I didn't take classes, just stayed with some friends and experienced the vendors and evening entertainments. So glad you got to go and at least rejuvenate for a few days.

Mare said...

Hi Claire! I am so glad you are lightening your heavy load and finding good and loving homes for your animals. That has got to be a weight off your shoulders...And i am happy to read that you will stay with us in the blog world. I look forward to hearing from you again! Take care friend...mare

Texan said...

I am glad to hear you have found homes for many of your animals!

Sterling has been pestering me to make sure Lucky Nickel was doing okay with all the changes. Well ya know word got to him that Lucky Nickel thought he was cute...that little itty bitty goat which he still is,lol, has a BIG ego and who can live with him now...geesh...

Glad things are working out on rehoming the animals. Sure wish I could come help ya out with those chickens. :O)