Pages

Monday, August 15, 2016

Flight Blur

The photographs I'm sharing today are, essentially, "rejects" from the camera.  But, there is something I find captivating about them.  These are flight photographs, mostly of the chickadees, and they show a blur of feathers and movement that gives a sense of how quickly these little birds move. I try to catch them seated on my hand, but more often than not, I get a blur.  I was throwing out the blurs, but then I began to realize they had a certain charm.

Today, I share with you some of my favourite blurry chickadees and nuthatches!

Here's just a wing blur, to start.


Most of the pictures are "take off" blurs from the point when the bird leaves my hand.

This one has a real curve to it in the bottom part of the picture, adding to the sense of movement. Swoop!


I believe this one is a "landing blur" as opposed to a "take off blur."

Another landing!



This one is one of my favourites - I just think of it as a dancing bird blur!  It's a nuthatch.

Here's a nuthatch blur as the bird was going from upright to upside-down on the branch.  Really just a wing blur, but I love the way the individual feathers are visible, and yet the leaves are seen through the feathers too.


They just move so fast! 


Off they go!

Sharing with The Bird D'Pot!

3 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I think they are amazing...great action photos. thanks for participating at I'd rather b birdin this week.

porkpal said...

I love the birdie blurs!

Michelle said...

I like them, too!