Apparently, the award "acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day." Hmmm....just a wee bit of redundancy there, but it gets the point across. Flartus said that the "original intent is to show admiration for a blogger's "word darts," i.e., getting one's point across cleanly and pointedly, as well as having a point to get across." I like that description best!
So, the rules that go with the award are...
1) What is your favorite day of the week? Probably Friday, because I can begin to slow down and relax a little. My week is so hectic.
STEP 1: Respond and rework. Answer the following questions on my blog, replacing one question that I dislike with a question of my own invention. (Since I got the award twice, I'm replacing two questions!)
STEP 2: Add one more question of my own. (again, I'll add two!)
STEP 3: Tag eight other bloggers. (Well, eight is enough, forget 16!)
5) What websites do you visit when you go online? Oh my. For work: the US Patent Office site, Micropatent, many science-related sites. For fun: Etsy, a whole lot of blogs, Dave's Garden, Craig's List Farm & Garden Section, The Weather Channel, Backyard Chickens.com.
6) What was the last item that you bought? The last thing I bought was feed, this morning, including goat, chicken, dog and rabbit feed.
7) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Well, I've got a real hankering to visit Argentina right now, but I'd also love to visit New Zealand (lots of sheep) and also to revisit some of my favorite cities - Prague, Paris, Vancouver.
8) If you woke up tomorrow and were the opposite sex what is the first thing you would do and why? I would stare at the toilet roll holder until I figured out how to put on a new roll.
10) Has a celebrity's hair cut ever influenced your own hairstyle?
Yes, I remember specifically asking to have my hair cut like Princess Diana in the 1980s.
11) If you had a whole day to yourself with no work, commitments, or interruptions, what would you do? I would probably work on my spinning wheel, walk around in my woods, play with the baby goat, collect eggs, watch the clouds go by, have a warm bubble bath, and a good long sleep.
12) What was the last movie you watched?
What's a movie? LOL! Seriously, I think it was "Love Actually" which is one of my favorite films and we watched it before Christmas, maybe in November. I never have time for movies.
13) If you were to win the Powerball, what would you do with the money (besides invest it)? Quit law school, work full time on my farm, buy a lot of the surrounding land, set up Iowa's first camelid sanctuary (for llama and alpaca rescue), hire a full time gardener to help me build my dream gardens, and try to convince my parents to come live closer to me! Or I'd move back to Canada and set up Canada's first camelid sanctuary (that I know of) and have a large sheep and goat farm still, and some long haired bunnies. :-)
14) What is your favorite plant or flower and why? Tough question! I think my favorite might be clematis vines - they are so lovely and their flowers so varied and beautiful. I just love having them around the garden.
15) What do you do to try to make the world a better place? I recycle, I contribute to environmental and earth-centered charities, I try to limit my carbon footprint, and I try to leave some of my land in its "natural" state to encourage a good ecosystem.
Now, who shall I tag? Those who are tagged below - please feel free to join, if you wish, but no obligation! Some of these blogs are fairly new to me but I've been enjoying them, so time to spread the joy! (let's see if they're reading mine, and if they notice!!)
2. Plow & Pony!
3. Bedtick Farm!
4. Laughing Orca Ranch!
5. A Girl and a Farm!
6. Adventures in Wonderland!
7. Miss Effie's Diary!
8. Chicks & Kids Farm
p.s. Here's Flynt, this evening, after about 40 minutes of grooming. He looks MUCH better don't you think?!