Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Short, Sweet, and Full of Hope

No updates on Stuffin. Her udder is fuller today than yesterday, but no babies, and no signs of initial labour. We keep hoping it won't happen in the middle of the night!

Tonight, we had our spinning class. We did plying tonight. Here is my first plying attempt. I am calling it "Candy Cane" yarn. I had to use my not-so-good cream stuff with my slightly-better red stuff for plying. We put it on our PVC niddy noddy and tomorrow it will get its first water bath to help it remember its twist. It's still pretty chunky looking but I guess it's OK.

Tonight I have to read some material for my class tomorrow, so not much time to chatter, but I want to say that today, I watched the inauguration, the oath, the speech...and for the first time in my 6.5 years here, I felt proud of the leadership and future direction of this country.
Even I, the non-citizen, who can't even vote, had a tear in my eye and a song in my heart. I wished that Stuffin had kidded today because one of those goat-lettes would have been named "Hope" in honour of the day, because that, more than anything, is what I feel. It's been a long time coming. Congratulations, America! What a historic day and a grand new beginning.

6 comments:

Sharrie said...

It is good to hear from someone who can look at all of this from a more neutral position than we citizens can. Thank your for sharing your feelings.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

was good day for sure, Obama has inspired many especially the young people which is so wonderful.

Mare said...

You know Claire...i love you....I'm praying for Stuffin and the little one and i think you could go ahead and name her/him Hope. I had tears in my eyes all day long...tears of happiness, relief, pride. It IS a brand new beginning, isn't it...
I LOVE your yarn! Can't wait to see it made into whatever it will become! :)

Miss Effie said...

I agree -- A kid named Hope would be perfect.

And your yarn looks great! You should see my first attempt. Horrendous! I wanted to make a clip-on dred lock ponytail for my husband........ but it was too bad for that!

diane said...

your yarn looks fun!
you could sell scarves in my store-if it had a name...
here's hoping stuffin won't be kidloess for long.

Karin said...

I found you via Mare's blog. I too am a permanent resident, and I share your feelings entirely.
For the first time in years it feels good to be living here.
The goat must be named Hope, no doubt about it.