Pages

Friday, October 31, 2008

Six Little Nankins

Well the nankin hatch ended successfully with 6 little fluffballs of joy. They are so tiny and fragile but wow, they are FAST! They can run much faster than bigger chicks! Less weight to move I guess! I am always fascinated by the differences between chicks of the same breed, and this time is no exception. Here they are in the "eggmobile" going for a ride. Their shape and pattern of head spots varies considerably.


This one surprises me the most - nearly all grey compared to the others, who are all shades of gold, cream and brown. They are all extremely fluffy and they peep at me incessantly when I talk to them. I guess I am mother bird for now.

It will be fun to see how their colors change as they get older. I'll be posting updates now and then!

Still in the incubator: Welsummers, Cuckoo Marans, Light Brahmas, Penedesencas, Silkies, and a couple of Cochins.

No comments: