Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Bunday Blog Business

Well, I am just flabbergasted this week.  I don't even know where to begin with telling you everything.  It is such a crazy story!  I guess I will begin at the beginning.

Last weekend, like I told you, the female hoomin bean (FHB) went on an unauthorized leave of absence to a "fibre arts retreat" which was totally not cleared by my department before she left.  I will not go into great detail but I will say that I peed on the footstool by her desk while she was gone to express my displeasure.  I do not normally do this.  I was very annoyed.

While the FHB was gone, the male hoomin bean (MHB) took me on an outing.  This outing was also unauthorized by my department, but he did not give me any say in the matter. He took me to a place that had a smell I kind of recognized, but I had forgotten exactly what it was about.  Then, all of a sudden, I was in this room, with another rabbit. Seriously.  What the heck?  I was completely out of my zone.  The other rabbit was sniffing me and following me around and I was kind of freaked out about it.  Then, just as quickly, the MHB took me back home again, after having had some discussions with somebody at a desk.  I figured maybe he was missing the FHB so he wanted to go hang out with me and another rabbit to feel better.

So then the FHB came home and it was a day called her birfday.  I don't know much about what a birfday is, but there was a bit of commotion about it.  I can tell you that a birfday doesn't happen all the time.  In fact, this was the first birfday I remember experiencing. 

On her birfday, the FHB went to be with her people who play with sticks and string and make stuff with the string.  While she was there, the MHB went out again.  And you are not going to believe this, but he came home with that very same rabbit that we hung out with on the weekend when the FHB was away.  And there I was thinking that she was only going to hang out with the string people and she would be back soon so why did we need to hang out with the other rabbit again?

And then, the FHB came home. Oh. My. Goodness.  You should have heard the squeals and squeaks that came out of the FHB when she came home to see that other rabbit.  I'm just sitting there, as usual, awaiting her complete attention, and she does not even notice me because "squeeeeeeeeeeeeee" and on and on it goes....because the MHB was hiding the other rabbit and this is what she saw when she came into the home office with her camera ready because he told her there would be something special and she thought he was making her a new bird house or something.  He turned around and there was THIS!

So now, here I am, a few days later, and this other rabbit is STILL here.  And now they have named her.  Her name is Lady Épinette Nutkin of Dazzlewood Hill, and I am now told that she is my "companion" and that we are to be friends.  Who asked ME??  I did NOT authorize this.  However, she is rather pretty, so I am considering my options.

You may know that rabbits can be a bit fussy about their companions and so the FHB and the MHB have done "research" about this and they are now subjecting me to the "introduction process" as they call it, and supposedly this is going to make me more inclined to accept this interloper rabbit who is possibly trying to usurp my position.  


And so we have side by side accommodation, to allow us time to "get to know each other" they said.  Hmpf.

Well. We shall see.  Indeed.  We shall see!  At least she cleans her ears.  



2 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

You are not. helping. Must resist rabbits. Must resist rabbits...

Lin said...

Well, this is very exciting news!! 'Cuz you know what beats one cute rabbit?? TWO Cute Rabbits!!

I'd be squeeeing too!

Happy Birfday, Claire!